So you’ve decided to indulge in some anal play in the bedroom? Do you know the best and most comfortable way to get started? If not you are in the right place!
At this point I am going to assume that you have both agreed to try anal play but this is an essential step!
Our first steps are a guide only and you should always listen to your body and your partner. Push your boundaries by all means but if it’s painful then STOP! We want you to have fun without pain or injury.
- Gently does it. Even though you have talked about it and agreed to try anal play you should take things slowly. One of the best ways to do this is in the Doggie Style position. Try stroking her butt with a gentle finger during sex, if she responds well then add a little pressure.
- Relax. I know this is probably the last thing you think about. Being relaxed makes things a lot more comfortable and enjoyable. Trying anal play while stimulating other areas will help with this.
- Lube is your new best friend. The butt is not self-lubricating so you will have to have some help. For greatest comfort you should use a good quality anal lube. There are many different anal lubes to choose from, look for one that is thick and gloopy. The thicker the lube the less often you will need to apply it. To get the right lube for you, check out our up-coming guide to lubricants which is being published soon.
- Begin small. The butt is not used to having things inserted and the natural reaction is to resist it. Start small with the tip of the pinky finger, going deeper if encouraged. If the sensation is enjoyable then try a different finger or progress to anal toys.
- Time is crucial. Try to limit the amount of time you enjoy anal play for in the beginning. Even if you are enjoying it at the time, you might find yourself sore and uncomfortable later on. Don’t worry, the more often you play the longer you can play for as your body adjusts.
- Remember the hygiene. There is a very good reason why many people are less willing to try anal play, there’s a lot of bacteria in there!! While this shouldn’t put you off, you should be aware and always play safe. NO DOUBLE DIPPING! This means that you DO NOT use anything in the vagina that’s been in the butt. If you clean it first then that’s fine, the other alternative is to use condoms to cover items and then remove it. Condoms should be used during anal sex to prevent infection.
- Listen to your body. You know your body and its limitations better than anybody else. If you feel any pain during or after anal play then you should stop. Think about what could be causing it and how you can make it better and less painful.
Any sexual experience should be enjoyable. We hope that this short guide will add more pleasure to your leisure!
To keep up to date with our blog why not have it delivered straight to your inbox? You can get all the latest product news and exclusive special offers. Sign up to our newsletter today and get 10% off your next order at Lubalicious.